Wednesday, May 17, 2017

April!


The winds that blow are keen and cold! 
I fear them not, for I am bold. 
I wait not for my leaves to grow, 
They will follow, they are slow. 

But my golden bloom is brave and bright,
I greet the sun with all my might!

And so the Coltsfoot fairy sings, 
Winter is gone, ITS SPRING! ITS SPRING!
Winter is gone, ITS SPRING! ITS SPRING!

Except we all know what spring in Vermont can be like....

We enjoyed the last patches of snow on the land, dubbed "Antarctica" and gathered all the sun we could on the rocks! 



Hold your breath and make a wish over the wishing bridge!

Mining crystals at the Root ball
"Bears" on the rootball
Art inspired by the land around us...

Searching for more crystals in the cattails. We remembered how green and swampy it was here in the spring...

The remains of our autumn weaving. 


We love sun and we love picnics!
Our first picnic lunch of 2017 watching the last of the snow glitter and melt in the warm spring sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment